Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I've been waiting to post my Halloween pictures until after everyone else's had been out there for a few days. I wanted to make sure that my children were "ooohed and aaaahhed" over appropriately....Actually, I'm just late...but it sounded good!

We had a GREAT time last Friday! Karson got to wear her costume to school, so our festivities began early in the day. We went trick-or-treating at Aunt Tracey's (a tradition since Karson's 1st Halloween) and then went to the church for our Fall Festival. For the first time, Karson figured out about the "CANDY, I WANT TO GET MORE CANDY", so it was extra fun to see her get excited about it!

I can't believe how warm the weather was (around 75 degrees). Campbell had the cutest little lamb costume that she was supposed to wear. I had a flashback to Halloween '04 when Karson was a bumblebee. It was a precious FLEECE costume, and because it was an unusually warm year, she spent the night crying because she was so hot. Needless to say, I did not want a repeat performance! We opted to wear a sweet little tutu that Cousin Bella gave us. I was very sad not to see her as a lamb, but she was a pretty cute little ballerina princess...and she didn't shed a tear, so it was well worth the wardrobe change!

We ended the night in the fellowship hall listening to great music and eating ice cream! Both girls were happy and tired. It was a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
The traditional, "stand by the front door" pose - Here's Karson as..."Sharpay" from HSM!!!
Our little ballerina princess! (She's saying "abracadabra")
Cams and Aunt Tracey - 1st Trick or Treat!

When we 1st arrived at the church, we ran into...Addi!!!! Oh, the love!!!!

Campbell found a friend too! This is Landrie (our friends Nick and Casie's daughter who is 2 months younger...and so cute!!!!)

Karson wanted her face painted 1st thing - we got a pink butterfly on one cheek and a purple flower on the other...lovely.

In other news...tonight is Election night. We were watching some of the coverage before Kars went to bed (because I became strangely obsessed with it today). She came over by me and asked who I voted for. I told her "McCain". She asked if he was winning, and I told her no. She then went over to Rus to ask who he voted for. When he replied, "McCain", she threw herself down on the floor and said, "But he's not winning!!!!". Then she popped up and exclaimed, "I know! Let's go vote again!".

Unfortunately, the polls were closed. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing that we live in separate towns and have different gender children because I can definitely say that my boys were the cutest trick-or-treaters in Tulsa! Yours would have given us a run for our money! I did miss the FBC fall festival though! Love you:)