Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The quickest way to do this is with a list...

We leave for the beach in less than 48 hours, and I can hardly stand it. I am so excited!!!! We've been planning this trip for over a year, Karson has been counting down the days FOREVER, and it's finally here! I will be sure to take tons of pictures and post them when I get back.

In the meantime...here's what's been going on since May...

1. We said good-bye to some precious friends. The Ingrams moved to Virginia and we were so sad to see them go. They will be missed TREMENDOUSLY! We had a fun filled night with just grown-ups to say good-bye.


L-R: Dave, Kelli, Kendra, Mitch, Melissa, Pat, Rus, Jennifer - these are some of the most precious people on Earth! Thank you, God for friends!!!


2. Karson had her last day of Pre-K. How did she already finish 1 year of school? Oh my goodness, it's like I can physically see her growing right before my eyes. She had an AWESOME year. Her teachers were amazing and she grew so much socially and academically. We couldn't be more proud of her. God truly took control and put her exactly where she needed to be for her Pre-K year. Praise Him! Her last week was full of lots of fun activities including a birthday party for everyone! We took donuts that were super cute!

So yummy!!!

Karson's last day of school. That's Mrs. Pearson on the left and Mrs. Kendall on the right.


3. Karson and Rus took their first fishing trip of the summer. They came home tired and happy. Karson informed us that it's only fun to fish when you catch something. I couldn't agree more!

A self-portrait!


4. I went to Dallas (Rockwall) to teach officer camp. So great to see old friends and work with such fun people. We got to stay at a gorgeous Hilton on the lake. It was an exhausting 3 days, but such fun. I'm so thankful I am able to do this! The girls got to enjoy spending time with Nana and Ma, who were so precious to keep them while Rus was working! We couldn't make it without the best grandmothers EVER!

5. Karson had her 1st official dance recital. (This really should have it's own post, but if I don't do it here, I'm afraid I won't do it at all) Oh my goodness! As we walked into the PAC that Saturday morning for her rehearsal, I had one of my most special mommy moments. I was getting to help my little girl get ready for her dance recital. It is something I have pictured doing forever, and I finally got to do it!!!! I was speechless and on the edge of my seat the whole time she performed. I couldn't have been more proud - nor could the 11 other guests that came to watch her! Is this girl loved or what?! It was so worth getting in an argument with a very rude lady who wanted to take some of the seats I was saving before the show...GRRRRRR!!!

Rehearsal - look at that concentration!

Here's the star!

Two peas in a pod! Addi and Karson - are they not the cutest?

I could not have been more proud!

This was after the show...what a blessed little girl to have all 4 granparents there to see her!



6. This week has been the week for VBS at the church. I have been in Campbell's class, and Kars has been with all of her pals (this is her last year on the preschool side). It's been a great, but very tiring week. I've been amazed at how much Karson has been learning during her Bible story time. She has been able to tell me so much about the life of Peter and how Jesus changed him - amazing! Campbell has been a bit possessive of her mama. She's not so crazy about me picking up the other babies in her class, but it hasn't been too bad. Today, we were taking the babies on a wagon ride around the church. They LOVE to do this! As we were passing the 1st and 2nd grade rooms, we came upon a little boy on his knees praying with one of his teachers. I had to choke back tears as I realized that we were watching someone's life being changed forever. At that moment, as we were wheeling a wagon full of 7 babies down that hallway, angels were rejoicing in Heaven because of a new little brother in Christ! Praise GOD - this is what it's all about!!! It truly made my day. My week. My year!


Okay, that about wraps it up. It doesn't seem like much, but I feel like we've been going warp speed lately. Beach, here we come!

1 comment:

shelbi said...

Karson is PRECIOUS!!!! Have fun at the beach! Shelbi