Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School...Round 2

Today was the first day of school for King's Kids, so Campbell and I were "back in action"! Did I take a single picture? NO! I'm the worst mother ever, and my poor second child is completely neglected...judge me.

The day went fairly well overall. We had a "few" criers, and I had to call 2 mommies to come pick up kiddos that just couldn't get themselves together, but for the most part it went as smoothly as first days can go. It always takes a few days to get back in the swing of things and for the kids to adjust to the routine. Hopefully in a few weeks everyone will be in the groove.

Campbell did GREAT! She didn't cry when I dropped her off, she played on the playground, ate her lunch, and TOOK HER NAP!!!! I was so proud of her. She has the same teachers that she had last year, and she was delighted to see them this morning. She adores them, and they are so sweet to her! It made the transition very easy.

I think we're all glad to be back in a routine. The past week and a half has been really strange with Karson going to school and Campbell and I staying at home. She has been a little confused about "where Sissy is", and she's been searching for her all over the house...


Is she under here???????



Nope. I don't know where she is...


When I'm feeling low from missing Sissy, Mom fixes spaghetti and everything is a-okay!

We found her! She was at Steven's wedding...performing her flower girl duties!!! (Like how I fit that in? But doesn't she look beautiful?! )


So there you have it...ALL of the Zumwalts have officially begun school year 2009-2010. Our prayer is that we follow wherever God leads! It's gonna be great!

3 comments:

shelbi moseby said...

Oh my goodness they are the cutest girls!!!! Missin' you guys!

Mommy Pose said...

Oh, she looked so beautiful! Still need to finish our conversation. :)

L stewart said...

We started preschool last week too!
Don't you feel blessed to have a job like that so you can still be around your kiddos?

That is how Emery was looking for bubba! Alli could care less that Hunter has gone to school because she can have the TV to herself. Ha! It is strange with them gone all day.

Karson looked so pretty in her flower girl dress!