Friday, October 30, 2009

A Six Year Old...wow

Karson Elaine,
Today, at 1:03 pm, you will turn 6. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It seems like the time is just flying by. I know I say that every year, but it's so true. I've always been a "keep them little as long as possible" kind of girl, but I know that getting bigger is the natural order of life and with growth comes so many blessings. While I LOVED your baby, toddler, and preschool years, I am so enjoying the fact that you are now old enough to do so many things that you couldn't do before. You have such a funny sense of humor, and I love joking around with you. You still love to snuggle and read books together, so I still get to baby you just a bit! You are also starting to become a little clothes horse, so we have a great time shopping together (watch out, Daddy).

Here are some of the things you like right now...

Food
You've become a bit of a picky eater...but most of the time you're willing to try new things at least once. These are your favorites:
1. Bread (any kind - usually with butter)
2. Noodles (plain with salt)
3. Spaghetti
4. Baked Potatoes
5. Chicken
6. Dessert of any kind (ice cream sandwiches, no-bake cookies, and cake balls are your top picks)

Clothes
You still let me pick out what you're going to wear, but you usually have an opinion to express about it. You've slimmed down a ton (not that you were chubby before) and now most of your pants are too big in the waist.
1. Soft t-shirts from the Gap
2. Anything "bedazzled or sparkly" (Mommy is not a big fan of this, but we go with it)
3. "Cozy clothes" - you love to be comfortable
4. Boots (you have some with a wedge heel that are your favorites)
5. Headbands (you have all but started REFUSING to wear bows - gasp!)

Toys/Games
You got a DS for your birthday, and you are LOVING it!
1. Barbies
2. Anything craft related
3. Guess Who
4. Basketball (you start your practices the last week in November)
5. Dress up clothes - I love that you still like to do this.

We had your parent/teacher conference a few weeks ago. Daddy and I were so thrilled to hear all of the wonderful things Mrs. Plum had to say about you. You have already started reading and we see growth in so many areas. Kindergarten has proven to be a very happy place for you and we are so thankful.

I think the sweetest thing you wanted for your birthday was a Bible. Daddy and I found a pink one with a carrying case. It made my heart swell with emotion to see you have the desire for God's word. You've been asking lots of questions about what it means to ask Jesus into your heart. We've talked a lot about it and I think you're getting closer and closer to making this big decision.

My precious girl, the last 6 years have been filled with so many special memories. I'm so grateful to be your mommy, and I'm so privileged to get to witness all the changes and events in your life. I could NEVER begin to put into words how proud I am of you. I hope you know how much you are loved and cherished. I have loved you long before I ever saw your sweet face, and my love continues to grow each year. Thank you for blessing me every day with your sweet spirit. May this next year of your life be full of so many adventures, tons of fun memories, and more joy than you could imagine.
I love you, Mommy
Here are a few pictures from the big girl's birthday party at the pumpkin patch...(and Blogger is being quite annoying and won't let me move my pictures where I want them. Grrrrr. They are out of order.)
We played some really cute relay games with the pumpkins. Run, Karson, Run!
Blowing out the candles!
Everyone made a spider pumpkin! Very cute!
Posing by the "cake". She wanted to have cake balls...so we did!

2 comments:

shelbi moseby said...

TEARS!!! I do love that girl!!! And her whole family! Glad the pumpkin patch was fun and the cake ball pumpkins turned out good!

L stewart said...

I can't believe 6 is the number this year! Where has the time gone with our first babies!!! Happy b-day Karson!