Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So Thankful...

It's Wednesday night, and I am just now sitting down to post about Mother's Day. Does that tell you anything about our week?

We had a really special day. The celebration started on Saturday evening when the girls (and Rus) gave me 2 new crosses to add to my collection. I already have them hung on the wall and I LOVE them! Rus gave me a pedicure and tanning minutes so that I can start preparing for our BEACH VACATION that we will be taking in 5 1/2 weeks!!! I am beyond excited and so ready to be there.



Sunday morning we had to get up very early because we had to be at church by 8:15. Why? The girls and I were part of a special Mother/Daughter dance performance in both services. We practiced quite a bit over the weeks leading up to Sunday. The scheduling of the practices added some stress to our already packed days, and my nerves seemed to grow in increasing number as we got closer and closer to Sunday morning. Well, the big day finally came, and all I have to say is that I am beyond blessed for this experience. I will never again get to dance with my 5 year old and 15 month old daughter (probably never again, period). Looking into their sweet faces as we were praising the God that gave them to me...wow...Thank you, Lord, for these precious miracles. Karson was so brave and did such an amazing job, and Campbell brought tears to everyone's eyes when she toddled out on the stage.The song we danced to was called, "Find Your Wings". The chorus is so perfect for how I feel about my girls.



"I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots and help you find your wings."



After we performed in the second service, I took the girls with me into the bathroom so we could change our clothes. I was busy getting Karson dressed, changing my own clothes, and telling Campbell not to touch anything, when all of a sudden I heard a splashing sound. I turned ar0und to find my precious baby girl splashing in the toilet water. GROSS!!!!! I quickly finished up and took her to the sink to SCRUB her hands and arms. Oh my word. This child is definitely different from her sister.



I was very sad that I did not get to see my own mom on Mother's Day. She got sick in the night on Saturday night and was unable to come watch our performance. I think she might be sadder than I was. I've told her many times since Karson was born that I am only now able to understand how much she loves me. She is so special to me and I am so grateful to have such an incredible Christ-like role model to follow. She is my mentor, my closest ally, my most trusted adviser, and my best friend. Thank you, Mom, for being such a blessing in my life.



After we got home on Sunday, Rus went out to mow the yard which was approximately 4 feet tall due to all the rain we've been getting. The girls and I took a delightful nap. After our nap, we were playing in the living room. Campbell kept going into the kitchen, opening the cabinet, and bringing "snacks" for me to open. After about the 4th time I took back whatever box/bag she had brought me, I heard her in the kitchen again. This time, I heard a bag being opened and something being spilled all over the kitchen floor. I went into the kitchen to see what was going on, and this is what I found...

Girlfriend is gonna get her snack one way or the other. Sis is helping out too! :)



Bless you, sweet child. You indeed keep me on my toes. Even on days when you splash in the potty and spill stuff on the kitchen floor...I'm so thankful to be your mommy (and Karson's too).

3 comments:

drbaucom said...

So sweet! You made me cry, of course. What a neat experience for you and your girls.

Lauren said...

Campbell makes me laugh! It also makes me wonder how much Emma will be like and unlike her brother...besides the obvious.

Unknown said...

Your mom is so thankful to be your mom and the grandmother to your precious girls. You know how the two of us always shared "the roots and wings" between us so there might not have been enough Kleenex for Sunday!!

I love you with all my heart, you make me proud!
MOM