Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lawn Chairs and Lemonade

Today we went to the Moseby's for the 2nd annual Lawn Chairs and Lemondade cookout. They are so hospitable and calm while hosting 150 guests! I'm telling you - I COULDN'T DO IT! Anyway, we had a great time and got to visit with friends and spend time outside (not something we do much with Campbell).

They had an inflatable water slide there for the kids. Last year we spent most of our day standing by it and helping Karson play (while we got muddy), and drying tears because..."that boy scares me". Needless to say, Rus and I were delighted when we had only been there a few minutes and Karson announced that she wanted to slide. Rus took her over and got in line, and few minutes later she came sliding down with...a smile on her face! She immediately got back in line (by herself), and did it again 3 or 4 more times. Who knows what happened, but after the 4th time down, she got back in line, and then started crying. Rus likes to refer to these moments as "girl drama". She then refused to slide again for the remainder of the time we were there.

It was very humid today, and Campbell was not dealing with it well, so I headed inside Shelbi's house to feed her a bottle. Karson accompanied me :). While I was feeding Campbell, I asked Karson what made her sad and not want to slide any more. The following is the explanation that my 4 (going on 16) year old gave me. It was all I could do to hold in the laughter.

"Well...I climbed up and when I got up there, I was like, this is so
fun. So then I slided down and it was fun so I did it again.
After I slided down again, I got in that line and while I was in that line,
I was thinking. I thinked...I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't
do this. And I got scared and it made me cry and then I came and got
you."

Oh my goodness...that girl keeps me laughing! I should have taken a picture of her in her cute flamingo bathing suit to post with this, but that would have required me to think ahead. And these days... that's just not me! Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: