Friday, July 4, 2008

The Name Game

Happy 4th of July!!! I must say, I can be a bit cheesy on days like today. I am a patriot at heart, and I get emotional watching fireworks. I am thankful for my freedom and grateful to those who fight to protect it. I am truly blessed to live in America.

We have had a great time celebrating. Last night we went to the Drillers game with my parents. The game was fun, the weather was OUTSTANDING, and the fireworks were awesome! Karson still plugged her ears this year, but she loved watching them. Campbell didn't seem to be bothered at all by the loud booming going on all around her.

Tonight we went to Jerry and Martha's to celebrate with them. Rus's brother and sister-in-law were there too. It was fun to be with everyone. Karson and Parker played in the back bedroom most of the night. We all decided it was a sign that they were getting big (they didn't want to be in the same room with us any more). Bella LOVES Baby Campbell, and is so sweet to her. I think those 2 are going to have fun times in the years ahead.

This morning, my sweet husband let me sleep in! Oh, if you know me at all, you know that sleeping is one of my love languages. I'll have you know that I did not get out of bed until 10:30!!! It was heavenly. I can't say that I slept the entire time, but I didn't mind. While I was drifting in and out of sleep, I could hear Rus talking to the girls in the living room. During the course of their conversation, I heard him use several of the nick-names that we've given them. It made me realize that we have A LOT of them. I thought it might be fun to make a list!

Our nick-names for Karson: Kars, Kars-McGars, Sweet Pea, Pea, Pea-Pea, Crazy Lady, Wookie, Wook, Pretty Girl, Pretty, Cla-Cla, Silly Head, Sissy, Sissy Pants, Karson Larson

Our nick-names for Campbell: Cam, Cams, Campbellina, Cami, Campbell Mambell Boo, Campbelly Bambelly, Sissy, Snookie, Snook, Smiley Miley, Campbell Brown, Drooly Julie

I must say that since my husband has not referred to me by any name other than "Lucy" in years, I shouldn't be surprised that we have this many names for our children. I've always heard that nick-names are a terms of endearment - I agree!!! I do love my girls!

No comments: